Kilimanjaro, Day 1
Things I discovered today:
- Tanzania is really far from Portland.
- The Sahara desert looks amazing from an airplane
- It is hot and sweaty, even at night, in northern Tanzania
- Kikiwete, incumbent president, won the elections on Sunday, and there seems to be little controversy. All of the road projects started before the elections, however, have come to a grinding halt. Including the road to Tudeley Estates, where piles of dirt force you to drive off into the bush to pass.
- I am currently on the slopes of Kilimanjaro, however I haven’t caught a glimpse yet.
I haven’t slept in about 30 hours, so this will have to do!